How to Practice Shirin Yoku/Forest Bathing
If you're interested in trying Shirin Yoku/Forest Bathing to reduce stress and anxiety.
Here are some steps to follow:
- Find a natural setting, such as a forest, park, or lush green belt.
- Take time to slow down and observe your surroundings.
- Engage your senses by taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of nature.
- Practice mindfulness by focusing on your breath and the present moment.
- Take a slow walk or find a comfortable spot to sit and soak in nature.
- Spend at least 30 minutes in the natural setting.
Precautions and Considerations
While Shirin Yoku/Forest Bathing can be effective in reducing stress and anxiety, it's important to take precautions and be aware of your surroundings. If you're spending time in a forest or other natural environment, be aware of any potential hazards, such as poisonous plants and insects. Wear covered clothes and use an insect repellent.